Sunday, July 31, 2022

Oh Christmas Tree, your branches green delight me CTC#380


Hello and Welcome to our Sunday Night Blog Hop and Challenge CASEING the CATTY.


To  CASE is to Copy And Share Everything or to Copy And Selectively Edit and we love to CASE from our amazing Stampin' Up! catalogues which are full of inspiration.  


This week, we are CASEING a project featuring a Christmas Tree - what a super fun challenge!!


I was inspired by the gorgeous card on page 32 featured in the Lights Aglow pages of the July to Dec Mini Catalogue.  I've completely changed the colours, but I'm pretty sure you can see the inspiration!  My base card is one of the fabulous Santa's Express cards and envelopes.  


My tree has been heat embossed with white powder onto Fluid 100 Watercolour Paper and then flooded with Shaded Spruce and Daffodil Delight inks and a water painter to create this gorgeous emboss resist watercoloured tree.  I've also kept the same circle element by die cutting using the Labels Aglow Dies and also the largest scalloped Layering Circle die.  


I've used the same gorgeous Lights Aglow paper as the original - just in a different colour scheme.    The gorgeous foil accents in the paper really lift this whole project.  My finishing touch is the sparkly White Glittered Organdy Ribbon.

Up next is the super fabulous Sandra and her Christmas Tree inspiration.

Join in the fun with us and add your project to our Facebook Challenge page here.  



















5 comments:

  1. LOVE your gorgeous water coloured tree - so lush and vivid! Great colour choice and your bow is the perfect finishing touch. Superb card Julia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, your watercoloured tree looks amazing!! I'm so impressed with the colours - I'd end up with a muddy mess if I attempted this! Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the tree looks wonderful in green, it's such a rich shade. The watercoloured 'lights' are very realistic too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colour choices, they really help the tree pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your green take on this card. The Christmas tree is stunning. I keep looking at this bundle and wasn’t sure whether to get it or not. The more I see it I think I might need it.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Scrapbooking Sketch - blog hop inspiration for you

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn. Today I'm hopping with another bunch of amazing scrapbookers with the Scrapbooking Global ...

Favourites