Thursday, July 16, 2020

Monochrome Scrapping with Global Scrapbooking Group


Hello and Welcome to another amazing blog hop featuring the fantastic Scrapbooking Global Facebook  Group.


The theme for the hop this month is for Monochromatic - which means all tones and colours to be the same - which is a fun way to organise a page!  


This theme was planned by the amazing Mai on the design team.


I've based my page (which turned out to be a double spread!!) on the colours of my daughter's jumpers.  And so my monochrome is all about our amazing Stampin' Up! yellows.


The pages are Bumblebee and stamped in the background with Crushed Curry.


The white pieces were stamped with So Saffron using the lovely rose from Healing Hugs.  I've also featured the gorgeous Flowers for Every Season paper.


The sweet hearts from the hostess stamp set Touched My Heart were stamped with Crushed Curry on So Saffron cardstock and then coloured using the Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends.  


I have fussy cut 2 of these and then highlighted them with some of the die cuts from the gorgeous Forever Gold Laser Cut Specialty Paper.


The Playful Alphabet letters were cut from Crushed Curry Cardstock and then mounted onto white card stamped with So Saffron.  


These words from the gorgeous Touched My Heart stamp set really worked perfectly for a page featuring our gorgeous family.  


I snipped a piece from the wreath from the Forever Gold Specialty Paper so I could use each piece on 2 separate parts of my page.  


I hope you're super inspired to have a go with using a Monochromatic theme for your scrapbooking!!  


Up next on this fun hop is the lovely Cheryl from the UK.


If you get lost along the way with your hop, you can click on any of the links here!  Make sure you keep hopping all the way around - there are some super talented people in this group!!   







11 comments:

  1. Lovely double page, Julia. I love all the elements and textures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a Happy Double layout, Yellow has that affect on me...BUT I stuggle scrapping with it...Absolutely Love everything about your layout!!!
    Thank you for joining us again Julia, you always create such gorgeous layouts.
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've shown off the Stampin' Up! yellows to perfection and also created a lovely Mother's Day page!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est une fantastique page double. J'aime beaucoup le résultat. Il est rare que je mette plusieurs photos sur une page mais je trouve qu elles sont tres bien organisées ici. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely page and I’m sure it looks even better in person, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply stunning! I love how vibrant and happy your spread is! Lisa Mackey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pages. Stampin' Up!'s yellows work so well together and with your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say that I totally missed this stamp set but I absolutely love it and I love what you have done with it...it's so very pretty and I love the yellows...I have a hard time with yellow but you nailed this...thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this stamp set and now I can't wait to use it! Great double layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you have enabled me with the stamp set too! Love love love this double LO Julia!Such a happy LO. Must scrapbook with these colours more often!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your added elements. Beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

A scrapbooking Challenge!! Notes of Nature watercoloured

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn. Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page with you featuring elements to fulfil a challenge!!  Th...

Favourites