Sunday, July 14, 2019

Clever DSP ways CTC#237


Hello and Welcome to our Sunday Night Blog Hop and Challenge CASEING the CATTY.


To CASE is to Copy And Share Everything or to Copy And Selectively Edit.  We love to CASE from our Stampin' Up!  Catalogues!!

No photo description available.

This week, we are CASEING a layout from page 151

No photo description available.
 I'm CASEING the 'star' card at the bottom.    I love the little detail at the bottom centre of the card, and how it reflects the DSP all over the front.  



Instead of DSP, my first card features the gorgeous Bird Ballad Laser Cut card as my 'DSP' with some Bermuda Bay foil behind it to show of the spectacular laser cutting and the foil!!


The cake has been coloured with Stampin' Blends; the greeting was snipped in half and then popped behind each side of the cake stand, and I've used some Noble Peacock rhinestones to reflect the starry detail from the original card.  


My second card features some DSP as the feature element using fussy cut images from the Bird Ballad DSP.   
The greeting on either side of the central feature comes from the super cute stamp set New Wonders.  
I've again reflected the starry elements of the original by using fussy cut flowers from the same DSP pack.


My final card has got See a Silhouette DSP as the colour behind the laser cut card.  I've used the greeting from Memorable Mosaic as my central feature and then the side panels are stamped with another of the images from the same set.  


The little 'star' features are from the same stamp set, but I think they got a little lost with the gorgeous laser cut images this time.  Perhaps I should have used a more contrasting colour to the DSP behind!!


This was a great layout to use - super easy, and it worked a treat with these divine laser cut cards!!


Next up on our hop is the lovely Tina and her superb masculine card.


You are invited to be a part of the fun too!!  Grab your catalogue, and CASE one of the layouts on page 151, and add your photo to the lineup on our facebook challenge page.  You don't even need to have a blog!!



BIRD BALLAD LASER-CUT CARDS & TINBIRD BALLAD DESIGNER SERIES PAPERNOBLE PEACOCK FOIL SHEETS
SEE A SILHOUETTE DESIGNER SERIES PAPERPiece Of Cake Photopolymer Stamp SetMEMORABLE MOSAIC CLING STAMP SET










https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000304

7 comments:

  1. Three great cards! The foil looks amazing behind the laser cut cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THankyou Michelle. Yes, I agree. I looks fabulous in real life!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards,Julia, so hard to pick a favourite, but I do like the cake. The laser cards are fun to work with aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the laser cut cards in action - I think I'm going to need to get me some of them!!! Three lovely ways to embellish! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, Julia, this is a great layout and you've made three lovely cards with it. Those laser cut cards really are just divine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Julia, your cards are gorgeous. The laser cut cards look so good over the foil, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the different look using the different papers in the background. All three cards are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites