Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter from the team at CTC#225




Hello and Welcome to another Sunday Night Blog Hop and Challenge Caseing the Catty.
And Happy Easter too! 


 Our challenge is about using our catalogues to CASE gorgeous projects.  To CASE is to Copy And Selectively Edit or to Copy And Share Everything.
Image may contain: text

This week, we are inspiring you with an Easter CASE.  My project was inspired by the Hold Onto Hope stamp set and this illustration on page 63 of the Annual Catalogue.  The picture on the right uses vellum and the lovely cross as a feature which was my starting point.


I've used the gorgeous Floral Romance printed vellum for a bookmark.  It was cut at 6" x 2" and then punched using the Scallop Tag Topper punch.  I've stamped the bottom corners with the delicate corner detail stamp using Merry Merlot ink as per the original project.


Instead of the stamped cross from the original project, I've used one of the die cut crosses in the coordinating Crosses of Hope framelits, kept all the pieces intact on the cross and added it to the centre of my bookmark.  


I've kept the same banner for my greeting, but not added any of the floral detail from the original card, as I wanted to show off the lovely detail of the die cut cross. My patterned vellum also adds quite a bit of added interest. 


The final touch was some lovely dotty ribbon tied with bakers twine to create a flatter knot at the top of the bookmark.  My project is actually quite a lot simpler than the project I've CASED, but this simplicity works really well for me.  

I truly hope your Easter Sunday has been blessed with many joys.


Now it's time for you hop along to see Siobhan who has some more Easter gorgeousness to inspire you!!  Make sure you keep hopping through the whole team and see lots of amazing Easter creativity.




We'd love you to join in the challenge with us too.  It's easy to add your project photo to our facebook challenge page, and we love all your projects!!!

Until Next Time,
Happy Stamping,
Love Julia   x






5 comments:

  1. I do love simple but striking and this project certainly is that. The patterned vellum is so pretty, it works beautifully here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Siobhan. The vellum is the star here!!

      Delete
  2. Great CASE Julia, I love the stamping on the vellum

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bookmark. It would make a perfect Easter gift.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

A scrapbooking Challenge!! Notes of Nature watercoloured

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn. Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page with you featuring elements to fulfil a challenge!!  Th...

Favourites