Sunday, April 14, 2019

Celebrating the Big Shot CTC#224



Hello and Welcome to our Sunday Night Blog Hop and Challenge CASEing the Catty.


To CASE is to Copy And Selectively Edit or to Copy And Share Everything.  We love to CASE from our amazingly inspirational Stampin' Up! Catalogues!!


Image may contain: text

This week, we are CASEing from the Occasions Catalogue and looking at the Big Shot projects for inspiration.  


I am using the front cover for my inspiration - and that cute little blue card right at the very bottom of the image.  It features one of my favourites - Butterfly Gala.



The layout is the same.  I've changed some of the elements according to what I have here and changed the colours accordingly.  Instead of the ribbon detail under the butterflies, I've used some of the DIVINE Floral Romance printed vellum DSP mounted onto white cardstock (to show it off well) and cut into a flag using the Triple Banner Punch.  


I have embossed vellum using the Lace Dynamic folder for my background piece.  The greeting comes from Itty Bitty Birthdays and has been stamped onto a Stitched Label die cut piece.


I love the sponged butterflies and this was one of the things that attracted me to the original project.    They were stamped with Blackberry Bliss and then sponged with Petal Pink using a sponge dauber.  After you punch out the butterflies with the coordinating punch, the  sponging gives a lovely edge.   I hope you've been inspired to have a go too!!  



After you've hopped through the whole team, please join in the fun with us and add your project to our facebook challenge page.


Until Next Time,
Happy Stamping,
Love Julia   x








https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000304

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Julia - I'm all about the embossed vellum at the most - it's such a unique look. Love this card! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kelly. Embossed vellum really is wonderful!

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

A scrapbooking Challenge!! Notes of Nature watercoloured

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn. Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page with you featuring elements to fulfil a challenge!!  Th...

Favourites