Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Bright Fun of Colour INKspiration #34


Hello and Welcome to our wonderful Colour INKspiration blog hop challenge!!  Make sure you keep hopping all the way around - I promise you, the projects are all amazing!!
Image may contain: outdoor

We are exploring this lovely combination: 
Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight and Basic Gray.


My starting point was some watercolouring using one of my new favourite stamp sets from the NEW Catalogue (starting next week!! woohoo!).  
It is Very Vintage - one of the gorgeous selection of Hostess Stamp Sets!!


After my free spirited (read 'messy') colouring of the flowers, I was stumped until I decided to create a lovely double z fold card using all of the stamps in the set to create some stamped DSP.


This is my Mum's birthday card for tomorrow, and she's a very gifted crafty lady with knitting, crocheting, tatting and sewing and some card making too (featuring sewing and tatting!!).


I love the soft finish of these colours together.


I've used all of the images from the stamp set on this card (great value when we get to use them all at once!! teehee!) and a couple of the greetings. 
 There are actually 5 greetings in the set and 5 delicious vintage images.


At first I wasn't so sure about the combination of the messy watercolouring with the clean stamping on the card (I did try the same design with sponging but it looked awful - so you don't get to see that!!) but in the end, I love how this has turned out, and I hope Mum does too!!



Now it's time for you to hop along to see Roses stunning stained glass card.


After you've finished the hop, add your project to our lineup at our facebook challenge page!!  

Until Next Time,
Happy Stamping,
Love Julia  x






9 comments:

  1. Love the messy watercolouring Julia! Great card! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this stamp set, and your messy watercolouring Julia! Wishing your Mum a 'Happy Birthday'. D xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Denita - she really loved it!!

      Delete
  3. WOW Julia. I too love the messy water colouring. Even with the colour the images have kept that very vintage feel, that stamp set is fantastic.
    This reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. It will come to me I am sure lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim, I love the messy watercolour look so much, so it's lovely that it worked!!

      Delete
  4. What a fun card Julia and I can see why your Mum loved it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THankyou so much -it's good to be able to give something a bit more special to Mum!!

      Delete
  5. Wow, Julia, this is pretty special. Love the watercoloring and fun fold.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites