Tuesday, June 06, 2017
Out In the Garden with SUO - Stampin' Up! Only Challenges
Hello and Welcome to our Stampin' Up! Only Challenge - SUO!
This time we are challenging you to create your project with the theme Out In the Garden.
And, what could be more perfect than these divine daisies!! I've paired the fabulous Daisy Delight stamp set.....
with the coordinating Delightful Daisy DSP - and what a wonderful pairing!!
I've used the Daffodil Delight daisy paper and paired it with Always Artichoke and a touch of So Saffron and Early Espresso.
I've also used the awesome and fun Wood Crate framelits to create a container for my daisies.
This card is so full of spring beauty! It's a perfect card to display on the mantle. The card is a z fold so that it stands perfectly, and yet, it can still fit neatly into a standard envelope for postage.
Daisys in a crate z fold card
You Will Need: Stamp Set – Daisy Delight; Inks – Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Peekaboo Peach, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder; Extras – Daisy punch, Wood Crate framelits, ½” circle punch, sponge
Paper: Card base, Delightful Daisy DSP pieces – 14 x 10cm, 7 x 10cm, 7 x 10cm; Wood Textures DSP pieces – 2 of 14cm x 5cm & 12cm x 2cm, coordinating cardstock for punching daisy heads, Always Artichoke for stalks, Whisper White piece for flower centres
1. Using the Wood Crate framelits and the 2 Wood Textures DSP pieces (5cm x 14cm) , die cut 2 crate pieces leaving off the base flap. You may need to trim the bottom of the crate so it’s straight. 2. Assemble the wood crate using double sided tape on the side flaps.
3. Stamp a greeting onto the top rung of the crate using Early Espresso Ink
4. Score the extra piece of Wood Textures DSP at 2cm and 10cm
5. Adhere the strip of wood textures DSP into the centre of the crate attaching the flaps at each end of the crate. This gives you an extra anchor point for your flowers.
6. Make sure you can fold the crate flat in both directions.
7. Adhere the Delightful Daisy DSP to each panel of your card and fold the card into a Z.
8. Attach the crate to the centre of the card – long side of the crate to the long side of the card.
9. Stamp the greeting onto the front of the card using Early Espresso ink
10. Using the daisy punch and cardstock, punch 10 flower heads
11. Sponge along the edges of each petal using coordinating ink
12. Using a bone folder gently bend the petals to look more realistic.
13. Stamp 5 flower centres onto the white cardstock using coordinating ink, and punch out using the ½” circle punch
14. Assemble the flower heads – 2 daisies offset together to make 5 flowers.
15. Attach the daisy centres
16. Cut very thin strips of Always Artichoke to make 5 stems for the flowers
17. Adhere the top of the each stem to the back of each flower and arrange them into the crate and adhere.
Welcome to handmade by Julia Quinn
I hope you've been inspired to join in the fun with our SUO Challenge!
Click on the graphic and head over to our Challenge blog to see some more amazing Garden creations, and then join in the fun by adding your projects into the gallery!! We love to see your beautiful creations!!
Remember to send in your registration for my Cardmaking with Julia Retreat Day soon as places are filling fast.
Please head over to my online store if you wish to see these products in more detail - and you can place your order anytime (if you're in Australia) while you're there (even if you're in your pyjamas!!)
And, if you can see yourself creating cards and sharing your love of papercrafts while inspiring others, perhaps you might be interested in the Stampin' Up! Business opportunity - contact me to find out how.
Hello and Welcome!!! Today I'm hopping with this Ah-Mazing group of scrappers as we Tag It!! This theme was inspired by the amazing Shar...
Hello and Welcome to our Sunday Night Blog Hop and Challenge CASEING the CATTY. To CASE is to Copy And Share Everything and we love to CASE ...
Hello and Welcome to our Sunday Night Blog Hop and Challenge CASEING the CATTY. To CASE is to Copy And Share Everything, and we love to CASE...
Hello and Welcome to our Stampin' Up! Only Challenge - SUO! This time we are challenging you to create your project with the the...