Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Colour INKspiration #11 Vintage colours



Hello and Welcome to our Colour INKspiration blog hop!

Image may contain: coffee cup and drink

This week we are using some gorgeous colours that to me say vintage!!
They are:  Early Espresso, Marina Mist and Soft Suede.


So, I was super keen to explore some 'new' goodies from our NEW Annual Catalogue, and I've incorporated them into my card.  They are:  Embossing Paste and the Pattern Party Decorative Masks; Very Vanilla thick bakers twine; Glitter Enamel Dots; and this lovely new stamp set - Floral Sentiments.


I coloured the embossing paste with a drop of Soft Suede reinker, and used the lovely lattice mask for my background.  The stamped image is stamped with Early Espresso, and I watercoloured the flowers using Marina Mist.  Because the ink is water based, I have some lovely bleeding from the Espresso ink into my Marina Mist flowers which I think is just gorgeous!!  I've finished off the flowers with a coordinating glitter enamel dot.  These dots are ombre shades so there are so many possibilities for colours - how great is that!!


Now it's time for you to hop along to the fabulous Bronwyn to see her gorgeous project!!


And to add your fabulousness to our challenge, head to our facebook page and join in the fun!!

Happy Stamping!
Love Julia.  x





handmadebyjuliaquinn.stampinup.net



22 comments:

  1. Julia, this is gorgeous! Love how you've used the lovely new Floral Sentiments stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. I love this stamp set too

      Delete
  2. Great card Julia! I'm still undecided about that stamp for my personal stamp! But finding it harder to resist! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. I love these sorts of images. So versatile!

      Delete
  3. So beautiful. You have made that stamp more appealing than the catty shows it with your beautiful soft watercolouting- and yes I love how the brown bleeds a little into the blue. Awesome work with not getting the paste too close to your stamped image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Liz. The stencil makes it super easy to work astound the image. Easy and fun!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Julia. I love the idea of applying the Embossing Paste around the image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Lou - I'm having fun playing with the embossing paste!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Julia. I just got that stamp set so can't wait to play! I love how you did the background around the stamp! Gorgeous use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel - I love the finished effect too

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous use of the colours, new embossing paste and stamps! Much to love about this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bronwyn - always fun playing with new goodies!!

      Delete
  7. Love, Love,Love, OMG! I love this card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Gloria, I'm glad you love it too!!

      Delete
  8. Love this effect Julia! Fab use of of new products and l would never have thought to combine those stamps with a masked effect...Very clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki - I love the example in the Catalogue with the sheet music so my inspiration came from there!!

      Delete
  9. lovely colours with this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Esther! I agree.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites