Tuesday, May 23, 2017

SUO - Masculine Traveler


Hello and Welcome to another SUO Challenge (using Stampin' Up! Only Products for your project) - this time we are challenging you with a Masculine Theme!!

I'm on the team at SUO!

You can see the complete list of great projects from the design team when you head to our challenge blog.


Creating male cards can be super challenging, but I've found that using neutral tones with one other colour helps!!  Here I've used my Traveler stamp set (now retiring) for the world globe (love that image!!) along with a greeting from the hostess stamp set Time of Year, and the Banners for You stamp set.  Those coordinating Bunch of Banners framelits are so helpful for making a dynamic greeting!  

I've used the great sketch from the Just Add Ink challenge to help my creative juices flow!!

And you can see the awesome projects from that design team if you click on the graphic.


For the large central circle, I've used the largest Swirly Scribbles thinlit, and my horizontal elements are created using some Tip Top Taupe ribbon and Love and Affection Washi Tape.
My background is a combination of Hardwood stamp set with Woodgrain embossing folder.
The colours are:  Tip Top Taupe, Crumb Cake and Mint Macaron.

I hope you've been inspired to jump into our Masculine Challenge too - it's always good to get a few more cards ready for the men in our lives!!

Until next time,
Happy Stamping! Julia 


3 comments:

  1. Loving all the masculine friendly elements in this Julia. Woodgrain always adds a great grounded earthy feel too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous masculine card, Julia! I love your soft colour choices and the collage effect you have created. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fab masculine card! I love the mint macaron card stock paired with the woodgrain background. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites