Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Colour INKspiration #09 for Nautical



Hello and Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge!!  We have an amazing array of wonderful designs from the team in our hop - so keep on hopping!!

Image may contain: 1 person

This time the colours are:  Cherry Cobbler, Dapper Denim, and Pool Party
- and these colours spoke to me of 'Nautical"!


I've used the soon-to-be-retired From Land to Sea stamp set along with a greeting from the Seaside Shore stamp set.

I stamped using Dapper Denim onto Pool Party cardstock, and then fussy cut out the turtle, jellyfish, and sword fish - and I also stamped the jelly fish and sword fish onto the By the Shore DSP so that those super fine lines shine through under the main image - this is a reverse version of paper piecing - I've pieced the plain cardstock onto the patterned paper!!



This is the DSP panel INSIDE the card - you can see the central part of the image through the 'porthole' on the front of the card.  

The layering circles framelits were super useful for this card!1 I used them to create the front aperture, the 'port hole' opening and also for the life ring.  There is a piece of window sheet behind the central panel for you to 'see' through.


The life ring was created by paper piecing too - I cut 2 rings, and chopped up the Cherry Cobbler ring and adhered sections over the top of the Very Vanilla ring.  I've threaded some black bakers twine around the ring to give it a realistic finish.


I think this would make a great card for a male - and those are always a little challenging aren't they?



Now it's time for you to keep hopping along to see the great work of everyone on the blog hop!! Rebecca is up next!!


And please, join in the fun of the colour challenge and add your wonderful creations using these colours to our facebook group challenge page!!

Until next time, 

Happy Stamping! Julia 


6 comments:

  1. This stamp set is perfect for this challenge Julia. Love the paper piercing and the peep through window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's such a lot of detail in your lovely card Julia. Thanks for the tips on paper piecing, you have made it look very easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect for these colours Julia I love the nautical theme! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 'Nautical' themed creation, Julia! My sentiments exactly when I saw the colours. I love your life ring and twine. D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours for nautical - I agree! Love the peekaboo style of this card! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this nautical creation Julia. Totally agree it would be perfect for a guy...Fab design! xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites