Thursday, March 30, 2017

Stampin' Up! So Very Much, Love Sparkles and Bookcase Builder


One of the best things about a HUGE greeting stamp is that your card requires very little else to be complete!!  This lovely thank you comes from the Saleabration stamp set So Very Much (and only available until March 31st - so if you like it GET IN QUICK!!)




This is a gift I recently gave to a dear friend at her baby shower.  It's a set of thank you cards for her to use to give to the people who came to her shower.  

Each card is stamped with So Very Much in Basic Black, Watercolour Wash in So Saffron, and Cherry Cobbler for the stars and hearts elements from Love Sparkles.  


I've carried the sparkle images over to the front of the gift box I made to pop the cards into.  As I don't know her little baby gender I've use the very neutral So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler and Kraft.


And this is the card I created for her.  It's an adaptation of a double z fold card - and totally inspired by the fantastic work of Bronwyn Eastley - here's her card .....


I was way tooo lazy to create those amazing rails on the crib - so I've adapted by using the Bookcase Builder stamp set - the book shelf has been stamped repeatedly to emulate the rails.  I also stamped my decorative label punch on the bed ends (to cater for my lazy railings!!) at the bottom of the scallop tag topper punch.


The crib is a 5cm x 9cm rectangle - created by using a strip of white cardstock 4cm x 29cm and scored at 5, 14, 19 and 28 on the long side.  The crib ends are 5cm x 7 1/2cm.


The embellishments are from the Bookcase Builder stamp set and Love Sparkles.

I loved making this card - all the while thinking about my friend and her new baby coming very soon!




Happy Stamping! Julia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites