Sunday, February 19, 2017

Inspiring Succulents CTC#116


Hello and Welcome to our Sunday Night Blog Hop!
This week we are CASEING the Occasions Catalogue - pages 20 - 31 which is the Succulent Garden Suite.

Image may contain: plant

See that GORGEOUS clock there on the right of the photo?  
That's my inspiration this week!!


You can see that the colours are the same as the stimulus photo, but the stamps and images are different.


And, to reflect that beautiful clock, I've stamped a round image using the Delicate Details Sale-a-bration stamp.  I've done this by gently curving the lace image and stamping it 8 times to create a large circle.


Because I don't own the Succulent Garden Suite (yet), I've improvised and adapted - using the large floral image from So In Love which is featured in the Occasions Catalogue, and the Flower Flair framelits for the die cut shapes,  A few extra leafy images from Flower Patch complete the embellishment cluster.


The designers for the catalogue image have created a rainbow of colours (inspired by the Succulent Garden DSP).  I think this is such a lovely arrangement and I have continued the same theme in my project.


My page title comes from Flower Patch and the so so useful Brushwork Alphabet stamp set - LOVE this set, and I use it to personalise SO MANY projects!!


Now it's time for you to continue your hop along through the great design team!  Up next is the talented Rachel and her beautiful Mediterannian Moments card.


Please join in the fun by adding your project to our facebook challenge page - you can use this link here.


And for the complete list of the design team and their project links, hop on over to our blog.


If you would like to see all the catalogues and supplies,click here to head on over to my online store and check out the catalogues or place your order so you can create your awesome projects too!! (Australian residents)

14 comments:

  1. This is so clever Julia! Never would have thought to turn a clock into a scrapbook page layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simone. My goal us to do more pages, so...... I'm seeing the potential everywhere! Lol.

      Delete
  2. I really admire you, doing a scrapbook page. It's really lovely, great CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so clever Julia and so effective. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel. These colours in the succulents suite worked so well

      Delete
  4. I love it ALL, Julia! What a great idea to bend the lace around to form a circle. Oh, and all those gorgeous succulents make our page so pretty. It's a perfect layout for a scrap page, Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tricia. I really am pleased with how it's turned out.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely scrap page, Julia and a clever CASE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. There us so much inspiration in our catalogue.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous page Julia, I LOVE how you have created the large doily with the Delicate Details, I'm going to need to CASE that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan. Yes, it worked really well using the delicate details.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing! I've wanted the Brush Work letters, but wasn't sure if I'd like it. You just answered that question for me. I love it. This will go to the top of my list today! I really like your project. You did a great job for not having everything you needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Gloria. Definitely get the brushwork alphabet. It is so so easy to line up and stamp as its photopolymer and always looks fabulous! I make cards and gifts with the names of people stamped onto them. And this set is PERFECT!

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites