Wednesday, February 08, 2017

High Tide for Colour INKspiration $003


Hello and Welcome to our 3rd Colour Inkspiration challenge!!
This time, we have this beautiful seascape full of divine colours!!

No automatic alt text available.
The colours are:  Marina Mist, Peekaboo Peach, Soft Suede, Whisper White and Soft Sky.

And I've taken my inspiration from that teeny little tile in the very middle.


I used the simple images from HighTide - birds flying and some spinifex grasses.  I used a little peekaboo peach to sponge around the central panel, and the soft sky to sponge the larger panel.  There is no greeting as I wanted this card to be very simple and quiet - like the scenery in the centre - created by tearing a strip of peekaboo peach on top of a couple of hand cut strips of marina mist and soft sky.


The final embellishment is a couple of soft sky enamel shapes in the corner.
What do you think?  This card reminds me SO MUCH of our favourite camping spot on the beach - so serene and special.


It's time now for you to hop along to the lovely Elizabeth and her gorgeous project.

And remember to jump on board with our facebook challenge group and join in the fun!!  Make sure you use all the colours in your project and add your photo in the gallery.  We look forward to seeing you there!!



If you would like to see all the catalogues and supplies for these projects,click here to head on over to my online store and check out the catalogues or place your order so you can create your awesome projects too!! (Australian residents)

22 comments:

  1. Oh Julia, you've done it again. Another lovely card. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Simone, these colours are so so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is soon clever Julia. I love the scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mel, this is very different to my usual style. But I really like it too.

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful Julia - it looks like a wall hanging! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Kelly. What a great compliment! 😊

      Delete
  5. When I first looked at this I thought it was in a picture frame!! Great card Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Liz, that's awesome. I was trying for that sort of look. Thankyou. 😄

      Delete
  6. This card is more a work of art to be displayed on a wall than a card. I really like the seaside view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kathryn. yes I agree, and that's why I didn't put a greeting in the card. It just didn't look right!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! Hang it on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Julia! At first glance l thought it was a framed piece..Really lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia, great way to do a landscape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy. Yes. This stamp set is perfect for landscapes.

      Delete
  10. Oh wow, such an effective card! Julia this is fabulous xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Deli. I wasn't sure at first but I do like it now.

      Delete
  11. I thought this was a display piece, not a card!! It should stay on display all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Rebecca. So lovely that you think so!

      Delete
  12. Love it Julia! I too thought it was framed scene at the start. Such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lou. Those birds flying are just gorgeous

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites