Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Colour INKspiration #4 - Dragonfly Dreams


Welcome back to another awesome hop with Colour INKspiration!

No automatic alt text available.

Check out these dynamic colours!!  
Delightful Dijon, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Crushed Curry.


Now,
(confession time... shhhhh... my school uniform {a looong time ago teeheee} was purple and gold, sooooo, you probably know where I'm going here..... these colours are NOT my favourites!!)
But,
look what I've created!!


It's so pretty!!  Just goes to show you that dragonflies can cure just about ANYTHING!!  
Side note:  It must be the season now because dragonflies are around at the moment all about our garden - how blessed are we!!


This card features a double Z fold using some vellum for the greeting layer, and we'll be creating this card in an upcoming class!!

Now it's time for you to hop along to the totally beautiful project by Jacque Williams


And we really look forward to seeing your awesome creations too!!
Just jump into the challenge group at our Facebook group - you can use this link to get there!!



26 comments:

  1. Loving the double z fold cards and this is just lovely with the 3D dragonflies Julia :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole. I love the dragonflies too.

      Delete
  2. So pretty with the dragonflies Julia! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made the colours so very light and airy Julia. I love how your yellow dragonflies take off from the sentiments below. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A purple and gold uniform??? Really!! Aaaagh! I would feel the same about bottle green and brown (Ugly). So ... I'm glad the dragonflies made this card look so good in those colours. The bees are pretty cute too and of course I am a bit partial to a z-fold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bronwyn, gross school uniform! But, dragonflies can cure anything!

      Delete
  5. Love these Z Fold cards Julia, but I haven't seen one done with a vellum addition. It softens the whole look. Great card xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Paula. Yes I love the vellum too.

      Delete
  6. Love the vellum addition too Julia. Love the way you've made the dragonfly look like it is mid flight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thankyou Lou. I love these dragonflies.

      Delete
  7. So clever- I love the 3 d effect of this card! I really must get this stamp set out more! You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Petra. It's always fun to create with these gorgeous dragonflies.

      Delete
  8. The double -z card is perfect for this stamp set and colour scheme.looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel - it was a challenge using these colours, but I agree that it turned out well!!

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous, I love the Z fold design and this is one of my fave sets :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kim. I'm really enjoying the z fold. Have made 6 different designs this week for an upcoming class.

      Delete
  10. Aaahhhh..... School uniform colours! That's why I'm not a navy blue girl - urgh. But you did well.... I do love your dragonflies on this Z-fold. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee Rose. I think navy is so elegant! Funny how our emotions are affected by colours . ..... Or vice versa!

      Delete
  11. Amazing, Julia. I love all the speckles of colour on your white base. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrice. Love these speckles especially when they are stamped off first to give them a soft look.

      Delete
  12. That looks fabulous Julia. I love the use of the vellum for the z fold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mel. I hoped the vellum would make the card softer and I'm so glad it worked out.

      Delete
  13. What a lovely card. The dragonfly looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites