Sunday, January 10, 2016

CTC #61 Rose Wonder

Hello and welcome back to CASEing the CATTY for 2016!!
If you're hopping along all the team members, you may have come from the lovely project created by 
Jessica Williams, and if you wish to hop back to her lovely project, simply click on our button!!

We are featuring the awesome new Occasions Catalogue which launched only last week.  There are sooooo many drool-worthy projects in this wonderful Catalogue, and the design team are featuring but a few!!
I've been inspired by the front cover of the Catalogue - the gorgeous watercolouring image featured in Rose Wonder.


Can you see that little box right there in the middle of the picture?  I've used the same idea of the white embossing with watercoloured image and background, and only added the yummy sparkly pool party ribbon - how beautiful is this ribbon!!!


The greeting was created using markers directly onto the stamp to create this lovely multicoloured image - easy peasy, and totally fun to do!!


Now it's time for you to hop on along to see the divine work of Simone


 

And if you need to check out all the other amazing projects, just jump onto the Blog website to see the complete list of ALL the design team members - and be inspired!!



 






13 comments:

  1. Sweet project Julia! I really love the idea to turn it into a card. Usually I'm doing just the opposite but I never really think about doing it your way! Note to self!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I love about CASE-ing the Catty is that it makes me look more closely at the images. I completely missed all the samples and inspiration on the front cover!!! I love that you have taken the little box on the front an used it to inspire your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a strikingly beautiful rose, Julia. Love, Love, Love your water colouring on the white embossed image. That Pool Party ribbon really is yummy, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Julia. I am loving that glimmer ribbon too, I think I'll be stocking up on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rose looks very natural coloured with markers, what a nice effect, Julia. Love that sparkly ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful watercoloring Julia, and what a lovely card. Love that you got inspiration from the front cover, so many options! I can't wait for my set to arrive, think its going to be fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've long been a fan of the Stippled Blossom and other rose stamps by Stampin' Up, so was so disappointed to see the SB retired last season. However, your beautiful card using this newer rendition inspires me again. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your watercoloured rose is fabulous, Julia, & I love the multicoloured sentiment popped up on the sparkly ribbon! I have some of that ribbon in transit & can't wait to use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Thanks for making me take more notice of the front cover! Love your beautiful watercolours rose. Have just borrowed this set off a friend and looking forward to having a play!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Julia. Love the water colouring on the rose. The glitter ribbon is a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely watercoloring, wonderful blending of the shades of colour and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of colouring on the stamp. I hadn't thought to do that with this stamp. I must try it out!! Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for looking so closely at the front colour and thus creating this gorgeous CASE JuliA! The addition of the glimmer ribbon really does make it pop! Like you - I love colouring on stamps with my markers - looks great on this stamp.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

A scrapbooking Challenge!! Notes of Nature watercoloured

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn. Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page with you featuring elements to fulfil a challenge!!  Th...

Favourites