Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Cherry on Top Washi gorgeousness!


Now, I'm not normally a bright person (with colour that is!! tee hee), but I REALLY love the new Cherry on Top suite of washi tape and Patterned Paper Stack - it's so full of fun and gorgeousness!!


This card was super easy to put together - I put washi tape all along the edge of my white cardstock, and then three strips placed strategically to look artistic (totally convincing right?),

and then my greeting from Something to Say - I made a few of these for my lovely Online customers when they placed their orders recently!!  My finishing touch is some sparkle - a few of the sequins off the gold sequin trim.  When I was putting them on I thought to myself, what a shame I don't have any of the Bemuda Bay sequin trim to coordinate with the card, but, you know what?  I really love the gold!!  It looks great!  And fun too!


(just in case you couldn't guess - washi tape, any shade of blue (Bemuda Bay), and sequins!!)


10 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Julia - so bright, fun and happy. I agree with you, about the gorgeous new bright goodies; I'm not normally a "brights" person, but love them. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is better than something that is simple but looks great Julia. Love your use of washi and the bright fun colours. The gold sequins really notch the bling factor up too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and bright way to use the sketch Julia and the addition of sequins is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Christine, Kim, and Nikki, it's so lovely that you like my card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who wouldn't love to receive this fun card, Julia. Love how you've used the sketch & washi. I agree the gold sequins are the perfect touch of bling to finish it off. Bet your customers loved it too. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink. Di :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Di. Luckily it's a quick and easy card so I can make lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun washi card! So bright and cheerful. Thanks for playing along with my tic tac toe challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bright, happy card. I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to combine both challenges! I love the washi tape it adds such a bright and bold touch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Jaydee, I think it is bright and cheerful too!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites