Friday, June 19, 2015

Caseing the Catty Thanks!!




You can start here on your blog hop, OR you may have arrived from the lovely Rebecca Benson and her lovey card, either way you are very welcome!!


I have CASED the card from the top right of the title page of the chapter.

And I've made two different cards - using two sizes of the butterflies.  I love how soft and delicate the colours are for this card!  And when you go through our blog hop, you'll see some wonderful inspiration for this card from a few others of our design team members!!


I've used the Cherry on Top Patterned Paper Stack, some vellum, and my base card has been embossed with the Brick Wall folder.  I've used the gorgeous Cottage Greetings stamp set for my thanks, and added a few splotches from Gorgeous Grunge too.


My true splash of colours comes from the Bemuda Bay butterfly and the final thanks greeting.  The others thanks are stamped with Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Tip Top Taupe.


I hope you've been inspired to have a go yourself, and that you enjoy all the marvellous work from the rest of the design team in our great Thanks Blog Hop!


And now it's off to Kathryn Mangalsdorf's gorgeous creation of the fun gift bag!! Enjoy!!

9 comments:

  1. Such a lovely CASE Julia. That font in the cottage greetings is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this design of card with the repeated words, I think I will be caseing the cased cards. How did you do the tear off paper feature at the top of the card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colours all look so nice together, Julia. Think I might need to purchase Cottage Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Julia! Love the neutral graduation of the sentiment with the final pop of colour. I was so focused on the greeting & pretty papers I just realised that you have layered onto a brick embossed background - fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that big bold butterfly on your card Julia. It's just so happy and cheery. Great take on the catty sample!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your CASE, Julia. The greeting font is perfect with the delicate design of DSP and I love the pops of colour with the butterfly and final greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you lovely ladies for your wonderful and generous comments - I feel very blessed to be a part of this talented group sharing our love for Stampin' Up! and the Catty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SNAP!! I loved this layout too. Yours is gorgeous....wonderful layering and I like your choice of colours - the butterfly looks beautiful with the addition of the gold button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Alison, we have great taste!! Some awesome projects this week!! Kathryn, I created the top of the note card by using the row of circles framelit from the Mini Treat Bag framelit set, and then tore through the top of all the circles!! (Secretly I miss the spiral border punch!)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites