Monday, May 12, 2014

A Sketch Challenge with Butterflies!


 This week at Just Add Ink, the challenge is a sketch challenge with a very basic diagonal design:


I looked at the challenge and then went off to my craft room to put my card together, and I forgot there was another diagonal stripe - whoops!!   


So my card, only really has three panels rather than the four of the sketch!!  I was totally inspired for the lovely flower stamping by my friend Robyn who has done some beautiful stamping with this little set - Petite Petals.  The colours I've stamped with are:  Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Strawberry Slush, and Rose Red.


I actually masked my central panel and then stamped, but I didn't like how that turned out, so, on went some Gingham Garden washi tape, and some ruffled coordinating Strawberry Slush ribbon to define the edges of my stamped panels.  The greeting comes from Simply Sketched hostess stamp set - (a stamp set I love).


I finished off my pretty card with some gorgeous butteflies from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit - which is part of the SUO Challenge this week - add Birds, Bees and Butterflies.  The butterflies are Coastal Cabana, and they are embellished with some bling rhinestones (smile).


7 comments:

  1. These colours look gorgeous together, Julia. Love your use of washi tape on this card, and the Petite Petals stamping is just beautiful. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The four pinks really gives you so much dimension in your flower DSP Julia. I love the way you edged the strips with ribbon and washi too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty feminine use of the sketch Julia...Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to make your own DSP Julia, and your flowers are lovely. The butterflies add a lovely contrasting pop of colour. Thanks for playing at JAI this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning colour combo. This will bring a smile to anyone's face. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the others- the colors are so pretty together and I love your homemade DSP along with your other details!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bright and happy card and I just LOVE your layout...how fun! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

A scrapbooking Challenge!! Notes of Nature watercoloured

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn. Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page with you featuring elements to fulfil a challenge!!  Th...

Favourites