Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Sketch Challenge!!



 

This week at Just Add Ink, we have a sketch challenge and there are some amazing examples to inspire and amaze you on the website - so be sure to click the link and have a look!!




This is my take on the challenge - I'm trying to make a few more male cards, and this stamp set - Just Sayin' is just awesome for this I think!  I have used some printed vellum on the top half of my cards, some washi tape through the middle and the base card is Soft Sky.  My contrasting colour is Island Indigo - with a bit of help from my colour coach - and it looks just grand with the Soft Sky.  


My banners are made from the stamps from Perfect Pennants and some Island Indigo ribbon.  My final touch is one of the lovely metallic buttons tied with some Island Indigo bakers twine.  Cool!!

8 comments:

  1. You have used a great arrangement of shapes on this card - great to see how you have used the sketch. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun take on the sketch Julia! I love how you mixed and matched your stripes and polka dots too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layering you've used on your card - it's a great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fab card Julia! I love the interesting shapes you've used to create a cool modern feel! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fab card Julia! I love the interesting shapes you've used to create a cool modern feel! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card - love the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool, Julia. I love your use of the word "grand" - and you're right, it's a fabulous colour combo. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fun clean style of your card Julia and the fresh colours and gold stripes are a great mix. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites