Sunday, May 14, 2017

All the KITS are AWESOME!! CTC#128


Hello and Welcome to our Sunday Night Blog Hop.  We are a team of Stampin' Up! enthusiasts who love to be inspired by our Catalogues - and each Sunday night we like to share our creativity with you.  This week we are sharing our Favourite Retiring Kits from the Stampin' Up! Catalogues.



Image may contain: text

Stampin' Up! creates many fabulous kits - some all inclusive (which include stamps, inks, and EVERYTHING required to make the entire kit) and some are project kits which supply all the papers, embellishments and extras, and you can add your choice of inks and stamps.


I'm a BIG fan of kits - I love their portability (perfect for holidays etc), I love that all the thinking is done for me (and I can happily create all the projects in a kit with no stress about design ideas), I love using them for a great gift idea, and I love that they are always AMAZING!!  


So, I don't really have a favourite  retiring kit - because I love them all, I've created all of my kits, and then given them away as gifts   So this week I'm featuring these cards and tags  from the Birthday Bright Project Kit from the Occasions Catalogue - and they will be stacked and packaged as a gift bundle too.


The kit includes all supplies to make 12 cards and 12 gift tags - 4 each of 3 different designs.


All the elements are fun and bright - great for young people, and full of celebration - perfect for birthdays.  The fronts of the cards include these 2 die cuts featuring the candles (for a shaker card) and the fun double tier cake.  


So, after creating all the cards and tags as per the kit instructions, I was left with a pile of die cut cakes and candles.......  So my creative kit journey was furthered while I upcycled the 'scraps' from my kit and made 12 more little cards!!!!


I used lots of washi tape, and the coordinating stamp set for the kit - Birthday Bright - and added the cakes and candles onto the front as my feature!!


My final touch was some sequin bling!!!


I also added some Fine Tip Glue Pen to the tops of the flames on the candles - they are lovely and shiney!!  The washi tape on these cards is used directly onto the cake and candles.  There are also  some coordinating DSP elements.


I used note cards and envelopes to keep my project more 'kit like' and easy to complete.  


And finally, they are bundled together for gifts!!  


If you've been inspired by our kits in all catalogues (and truly, they are all awesome!!), please join in the fun with our facebook challenge group and add your Kit inspired project to the photo album before next Sunday Night!!  You can use this link to get there.


Now it's time to keep going on our blog hop and see the great project from Elizabeth - I love her work!!


And for the complete list of the design team, head to our blog headquarters!!




Happy Stamping! Julia


8 comments:

  1. Great inspiration for the kit leftovers Julia! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great kit!! And isn't it great that there is enough left over to make more cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing and such a great thing to do with "scraps", the kits really are great value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. It's good to be able to use up the scraps!

      Delete
  4. Wow! All those lovely gifts Julia! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel. I'm feeling very virtuous to have some thing ready before I need it done!

      Delete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites