Sunday, May 29, 2016

Farewell to the old catalogue CTC#80


Hello again to your Sunday Blog Hop CASEing the CATTY - today being the LAST Sunday of our current catalogues.... so we are sharing some of our favourite retiring products!!  

One of my favourites (and there are many!!) was the great Hostess Stamp Set  Happy Birthday Everyone - don't you think it was an awesome set?  It had this gorgeous font AND it can be used for any people or gender - great flexibility in a stamp set!!



I've used the layout of the card on page 3 of the Occasions Catalogue to create my card 


- along with some retiring inks - Lost Lagoon (sigh and farewell dear friend) and Mossy Meadow - both paired here with Mint Macaron - what do you think of my colour coordination?  
I'm pretty happy with this combination - what a shame I discovered it only the week before 2 colours retire!!!  Silly me!!



The swish behind the greetings comes from Work of Art which is NOT retiring (woohoo), and I've added some candy dots (all retiring, sigh and being replaced by some awesome enamel shapes which look fantastic!!)  The DSP under my central panel comes from the divine Birthday Bouquet - what gorgeous paper this is!!  


And if you've been inspired (and I know you would be!!), jump in on the fun and create your project and link it to our monthly challenge using the link below!!




And now, make sure you keep on hopping all the way around the design team because as always we have some great projects to show and inspire you!!

 

For the complete list of all the blog posts from the design team, click on this link below.


Thank you for hopping around with our weekly blog hop, we really appreciate all your wonderful comments, and we love to know that we can share our ideas and inspire you with your creations too!!
AND NEXT week make sure you check out our blog hop because we will be celebrating our NEW catalogue - you'll just love it I'm sure!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of the design and your newly discovered favourite colour combo. Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This hostess set was overlooked on my wish list for so long but I have only had it a few months and love it, really like the repeat of the words, always like quick and simple cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour combo is a winner, and I like the way you've used the stamps too, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This hostess stamp set was one of my favourites too, and I know I'll continue to use it for a long time to come, as I absolutely love the font and size of the sentiment. Thanks for showing a different way of using the stamp as a multiple rather than a single sentiment image and for your wonderful colour mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome way to use this great stamp, Julia, & I love the swoosh of colour that anchors each sentiment. Fun palette too! :)

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

Sweet Colours CTC#461

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn Tonight I’m sharing some colour fun with the Casing the Catty Crew!!   To Case it to Copy and S...

Favourites